I have had all of my classes now! Layout, Character design, Animation, Painting, Storyboard, Digital Tools, Story Development, Animation Principles and of course Composition and Rhetoric.
Yeah that is a lot of classes.
I am very excited though! I have been working on my animation homework these last few days, and I can't wait to post it up on here once the assignment is complete!
Life Drawing is a little scary. I have to conform how I usually draw to suit the expectations of the course. Instead of my crazy gestural lines, I have to keep the energy and structure but abolish all of the extra line work. A very linear, short handed sort of approach. The lines for Extra Life are already insane. Yesterday I couldn't even get a spot and today even being an hour early I barely got a seat! A mob of artists!
These aren't great drawings, not at all, but I think I am starting to get the idea of less gesture and just putting down the essential lines.. I swear I will get better, I will work my butt off!
(I am going to throw in the superb rustyness from lack of life drawing this summer hahahah shame on me)
| Trying out a super simple gesture! |
| Less lines to describe the form |
| Pay no attention to the head and feet hahah |
| A little wonky again, but simpler lines |
I am not proud of these drawings but its a great way to keep track of my progress this year!
I have done a lot of sketchbook stuff recently too, so that is most likely my next post!
Thanks for reading!
-Sarah
Best of luck in first year! Keep it up :)
ReplyDelete