Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Eco-logic & Work in progress

Hey guys, I have returned with some more ART!
I am not going to lie, I was a little annoyed with my 2D design teacher. 
We were assigned a new project to think about over the break, and told we had 3 weeks to work on it once we returned to school, when in fact we only had one week.
Nice.

Anyways it was to design a logo for a charity, home business or education based group.
I chose my mum's eco team at school.
She has been feeling a little down because of the strikes that are going on, they can't have clubs or sports or anything thanks to the teacher's union -- this is especially hard for my mum. She is the TA in a special needs class at Huron St. Public School, and for a lot of these kids, sports and clubs are all they have when school is a big struggle. 
She also helps run the eco team at school, which is not happening due to the strike. 
This group of kids are amazing. They come up with ideas themselves and put them into action. Ways to make their school and community more eco-friendly. 

I really feel for these kids. If someone took away art from me when I was in school, I don't know how I could have come this far. 

Here is my logo in colour and reduced in black and white. Gouache on Illustration board. 
A zoom in to the reduced image
Some of the thumbnails I drew for this project...
The recycling bin still makes me laugh.

Lately.. I have been thinking it has been a while since I have truly painted or done art for myself. Other than my sketchbook, there has been a purpose, whether it is for school, portfolio or a simple gift for a friend, they really truly haven't been for the sake of just art. So I painted.

Here is a painting (in progress) I am currently working on...




as you know... I love whales. 

Hope you guys like it so far, let me know of course, it is still in progress and will probably change drastically!

Good night!!
-Sarah Kieley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am glad my post interested you! I look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for reading :)